You know you should be posting content. You know you need to post content. But you’re feeling a bit flat, finding it hard to get the motivation and worried that if you promote your business right now it might look bad.
There’s no right or wrong here, you need to do what feels right. If it sits better with you to stay quiet for a bit, then do so. But if you want to do everything you can to ensure a successful business on the other side of this, you need to keep your business on track and top of mind with your customers.
Which means forcing yourself to keep visible.
If you’re suffering a bit of an inspiration vacuum – here’s five ways to kickstart your content.
- If you’re comfortable, talk about how you’re feeling, and about the impact on your business. Even if you’re not comfortable, you may want to push yourself out of your comfort zone to do this. Because people engage with people, there’s a heightened sense of empathy and community in the current climate and your customers are likely to be feeling the same. Showing them a human side could help increase the connection you have with customers while reminding them you are there.
- Share something useful – for free. Tips where relevant. Links to useful information. Latest research or updates. How-to guides and videos. Whatever is relevant to your customers that will help them at this very difficult time.
- Share a case study or a testimonial. It’s not you saying it – it’s a customer. It’s a way of keeping a presence without needing to find the right words.
- If you’ve made any adaptations to your business due to current events such as delivering online or virtual support, talk about the changes. If you don’t tell your customers, they won’t know – and don’t forget to list the benefits.
- Take an opportunity to talk about your business or sector and find a new angle, a development, a new product or a different spin. Take people away from the doom and gloom, even if only for a few minutes. There are only so many articles on working from home and surviving self-isolation that anyone can read – your content could be a welcome distraction and breath of fresh air.
If you need help with what to write or writing it, give me a shout.